Destiny Opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Destiny Opinions

Post by Arbiter 617 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 pm

So, what do you think? Love it, hate it? Can't stop playing it? Hate it but still can't stop playing it (me)?

Arbiter 617
Admin

Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile http://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by AnimeFreak1540 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Destiny has quite a few flaws, it does get boring after awhile but like most MMORPGs, there is something that brings you back to it, I'm quite addicted to it myself to say.

A few flaws it has is some of the voice acting and the places you have to glitch to get to. There is a nice amount of free roaming space, however, there needs to be more after you beat the game and you don't want to wait until the expansions come out.

I like it but Bungie will need to step up their game in the next few updates.
avatar
AnimeFreak1540

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 18
Location : Canada "Land of the Stereotypes"

View user profile http://anipproductionblog.blog.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by KidJaydenENY on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm basically bored to death of it, and I can't find the will to sit down and force myself to play it again.
avatar
KidJaydenENY

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 19
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Ghost Omel on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:17 pm

I use it to procrastinate as of late. that's about all i use it for, oh And getting them gold missions for guns, bout it.

Ghost Omel

Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Brandy on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 pm

I was definitely hyped for it, but for an MMO that lauds it's Next-Gen status I would have liked to see a better loot system.
avatar
Brandy

Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Arbiter 617 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Brandy wrote:...would have liked to see a better loot system.
Agreed!

There is too heavy of a reliance on randomness. So much is random. There's no way to work towards a specific weapon or armor you want.

Arbiter 617
Admin

Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile http://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Brandy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:11 am

Arbiter 617 wrote: There's no way to work towards a specific weapon or armor you want.

Which is sad, I'd say. Unless you're willing to compromise and buy a Vanguard/Dead Orbit/ Whatever set from an NPC.
avatar
Brandy

Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Arbiter 617 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:43 am

The Vanguard doesn't have anything I want really, and the faction people all require Crucible marks. Sad

Arbiter 617
Admin

Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile http://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Ghost Omel on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Arbiter 617 wrote:The Vanguard doesn't have anything I want really, and the faction people all require Crucible marks. Sad

You know, i actually did not mind that at all, PvE is rather stale after you do everything you can, leaving PvP as the only "refreshing" place to spend time in. Farming for Mats...Or small competition...both get boring but at least with competition there is slight variety.

Ghost Omel

Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Arbiter 617 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 pm

I think Crucible is hands down the worst multiplayer experience I've ever played. Mike WB and I have so many Crucible jokes it's not even funny lol.

Arbiter 617
Admin

Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile http://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Ghost Omel on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Tis what you get when you try to please every one. Bungie really cant do both PvE and PvP....but at least its a purty looking game.

Ghost Omel

Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by JDRS2727 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Like most people would say, the game is kinda boring. I enjoyed it at first, and played constantly, but once I had beaten the game it was just boring. Couldn't find much to do except play Crucible (which isn't that fun at all), also a down side is that I have no one to play with. Definitely a game that would be so much better with a group of people to interact with. I never had that opportunity.

JDRS2727

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by theunknowentity on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Well I can find almost nothing to keep myself entertained, so every so often I pop in Destiny. It's pretty much a time filler until MCC.

theunknowentity

Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Alexo on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:41 am

Finally got it after a month, played it for about 10 hours all together.

All bias opinions prior to playing it aside.... what the hell?

Its not like its the worst thing ever (even though I find myself getting bored A LOT). But it BEGS to have so much more.
Custom game lobbies? NOPE
Offline play? NOPE
Theater? BACK TO HALO 1 AND 2 LIVE ACTION FILMING.

Stupid missions where you deploy your ghost and shoot a bunch of guys filling the room for 30 minutes at a time.... WAAAAAY TO FREAKING MUCH OF THIS GARBAGE. Seriously, they might as well have called the game

'defend your ghost from aliens who's motives will never actually be explained'.

And its not like they didn't have enough time, they've been making this game for almost 5 freaking years. I went back and watched some of the vidocs, they flat out lied.

'Oh you can fly to different planets, and meet up with people in space in mid flight!'

NO. You sit in a LOBBY, with the ships YOU CAN'T CONTROL, over a PLANET. And the ships are basically an over glorified loading screen?!?!

'You can fully customize your guy! Any way you want!'

Until you get purples, and only use those. And I've even heard when you get this gun at the end of the game (forced pick up item), your more likely to have a better one by then....

I have no freaking clue if you can change gear appearance, because honestly I can't stay invested to even get past level 13.

'There are entire planets to explore!'
NO.
I am SICK of developers saying 'LOOK AT THIS WHOLE PLANE- large field'.
If I can't run in one direction for however many freaking hours it takes, and eventually end up where I started again, its not a freaking planet. STOP SAYING STUFF LIKE THIS!

The same people that made Halo 3, made this? It is officially the end of an era.

Alexo

Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by VRTX Raptor on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:13 pm

After putting in around 360 hours playing time, it's really starting to get boring. The game had so much potential but by adding in this armour/light system and with no real guaranteed way to get ascendant shards, it gets boring because you're not working towards anything.

Not to mention the unbalanced multiplayer.

Oh, and don't forget the disconnects.
avatar
VRTX Raptor

Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-11-02
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by AnimeFreak1540 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Alexo wrote:Finally got it after a month, played it for about 10 hours all together.

All bias opinions prior to playing it aside.... what the hell?

Its not like its the worst thing ever (even though I find myself getting bored A LOT). But it BEGS to have so much more.
Custom game lobbies? NOPE
Offline play? NOPE
Theater? BACK TO HALO 1 AND 2 LIVE ACTION FILMING.

Stupid missions where you deploy your ghost and shoot a bunch of guys filling the room for 30 minutes at a time.... WAAAAAY TO FREAKING MUCH OF THIS GARBAGE. Seriously, they might as well have called the game

'defend your ghost from aliens who's motives will never actually be explained'.

And its not like they didn't have enough time, they've been making this game for almost 5 freaking years. I went back and watched some of the vidocs, they flat out lied.

'Oh you can fly to different planets, and meet up with people in space in mid flight!'

NO. You sit in a LOBBY, with the ships YOU CAN'T CONTROL, over a PLANET. And the ships are basically an over glorified loading screen?!?!

'You can fully customize your guy! Any way you want!'

Until you get purples, and only use those. And I've even heard when you get this gun at the end of the game (forced pick up item), your more likely to have a better one by then....

I have no freaking clue if you can change gear appearance, because honestly I can't stay invested to even get past level 13.

'There are entire planets to explore!'
NO.
I am SICK of developers saying 'LOOK AT THIS WHOLE PLANE- large field'.
If I can't run in one direction for however many freaking hours it takes, and eventually end up where I started again, its not a freaking planet. STOP SAYING STUFF LIKE THIS!

The same people that made Halo 3, made this? It is officially the end of an era.

I agree with you Alex. Destiny was supposed to be more and it turned out to be shit. The only thing Bungie did right was making players come back to playing it AKA the classic MMO addiction. I hope they make up for it in the Expansions, and I hope that they update the game and get better Voice Acting, most of the voice acting didn't feel right.
avatar
AnimeFreak1540

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 18
Location : Canada "Land of the Stereotypes"

View user profile http://anipproductionblog.blog.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Turretguy36 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I really liked it for the first couple weeks… then got bored and went back to any other game. Haven't even thought about playing Destiny for the longest time, Halo 4 is still more fun to me and I'm not the biggest fan of it.
avatar
Turretguy36

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-10-25
Age : 24
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by AnimeFreak1540 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:41 am

Anyone else hear that Destiny 2 is confirmed? -^-' If Bungie's gonna try and win us over with a sequel they better make it connect with their original story or at least listen to the community and stick with original motives.
avatar
AnimeFreak1540

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-10-22
Age : 18
Location : Canada "Land of the Stereotypes"

View user profile http://anipproductionblog.blog.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Tassakahn on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:37 pm

I'd say that Angry Joe explained everything wrong with the game perfectly.
The story has to be told outside of the game? Really? When are gonna get a game that we can get as (emotionally) invested in as Halo 2 (and 3)?
avatar
Tassakahn

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-11-07
Age : 20
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Arbiter 617 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 pm

I have to say I've been really lucky with loot from the raid. I head of people who get the same armor over and over.

I've done it four times, and got one of each raid gear for everything but helmet, which is fine because I have an exotic helm. Also have gotten many exotic weapons that are good, Atheon's Epilogue, and a cool legendary ship (twice.)

Arbiter 617
Admin

Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-10-17

View user profile http://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Tassakahn on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 am

My friend - and I'm not kidding here - got the same item about five times before he finally bought a better one, then got what he needed.

That said, Destiny's gameplay is solid. The control system is great, the vehicles are amazing.

RIP loot cave.
avatar
Tassakahn

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-11-07
Age : 20
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by ks outgoing on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:59 pm

I got the same raid leg armour god knows how much times. But the game is addicting but its kinda crappy like you cant do much on it. The disconnections are stupid and the looting systems o my goodness gracious me its is disgusting. But its addicting and its different cause of the way it is and the way they announced it. But the game is kinda dead now

ks outgoing

Posts : 4
Join date : 2014-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Destiny Opinions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum