Director's Cut Discussion

5 posters

Go down

Director's Cut Discussion Empty Director's Cut Discussion

Post by Arbiter 617 Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:33 am

Talk about the Director's Cut.

What did you enjoy most about it? Did you notice the improved acting and sound quality? Anything you miss from the originals?

Arbiter 617
Admin

https://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Director's Cut Discussion Empty Re: Director's Cut Discussion

Post by S1erra107 Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:27 pm

I wouldn't know, I haven't freaking seen it thanks to my dad blocking Youtube.
S1erra107
S1erra107

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedexy Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:51 pm

I like it a lot , but I have to say that in the Act 3 , the removal of the tribunal thing and changing it to the torture like thing that Nightflash had to live was a pretty good huge change , not sure if it was that good though.
I also love the new audio quality on the two first parts , listening to the old ones make my ear feel bad.

That's an amazing job , I'll look for the next parts ! (Or Acts , whatever)

Dedexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Like I mentioned in the other thread, trying to make it more serious actually detracts from its charm in some ways??
You know, that ridiculous TFS-ethos of 'let's do this' while everything is exploding and copious amounts of warthogs are sacrificed for no good reason other than to LOOK AWESOME.
Music feels jarring and has no transitional tracks.

Voice acting and effects are much improved, but not for all characters. Some miss some of the subtlety of the previous work or feel stiff as if trying too hard to carbon-copy the renditions of lines by other actors.

In all honesty having watched what I have so far, I prefer the original. It just flows better for me and some of this feels a bit rushed as if you were under pressure to get it done.

HOWEVER: for newcomers, this might be the one to watch (if you're too lazy to watch the original. Amateurs).

Edit: I haven't seen the replacement for the tribunal part and torture seems kinda out of place looking at the original. I liked that part :c
But I guess I'll wait and see.
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by AnimeFreak1540 Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 am

The only thing I miss is the old VA's. I understand the reason why the VA's changed. IDK, I guess when I expect a Remake or Remastered version, I expect Nostalgia.

I feel that there should have been a few more new visual things (Effects, background, etc.) and audio wise (don't remember if it was like this in the original, I haven't watched the original in awhile), I think the music is over-powering the voices of the actors, so it isn't low enough so I can hear what the characters are saying, and some scenes I feel shouldn't have any music at all, they'd be powerful enough without it.

The connection between the characters and the audience is still present, which I like.
AnimeFreak1540
AnimeFreak1540

http://anipproductionblog.blog.fc2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 am

I think the music is the most off-putting thing for me, yeah.
I'm not sure what to make of it exactly.
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down