RotS Directors Cut - Live Updates

+3
117productions
Dedexy
S1erra107
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RotS Directors Cut - Live Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: RotS Directors Cut - Live Updates

Post by Tassakahn Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm

H Y P E
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

RotS Directors Cut - Live Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: RotS Directors Cut - Live Updates

Post by Dedexy Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Tassakahn wrote:H Y P E

HYPE

Dedexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Dedexy wrote:
Tassakahn wrote:H Y P E

HYPE

H
Y
P
E
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiter 617 Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Dedexy wrote: if you'll still do the thing you planned with the music and all , cause the video you were talking about it is gone (Or my eyes are really bad). Also , if you do that , will you give us the name of the music in the original RotS or in the Director's Cut movie ?

Yeah that's still planned, but I'm going to be on a Youtube vacation after the DC is out lol. It'll show all the music in the DC, which pretty much has all the original songs + more. I'll try to catch any songs that were in the originals but not DC and include them too.

Although I've finished everything, I actually need to go do a bit more work now because of where we're cutting the longer parts together.

Arbiter 617
Admin

https://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Well, it's good to see that things are coming along, but what I want to know is: when do we get Cone Combat III?

(Edit: How exactly do you get around all the copyright issues? YT's site is like 'lol no you can't to that')
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dedexy Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am

Tassakahn wrote:Well, it's good to see that things are coming along, but what I want to know is: when do we get Cone Combat III?

(Edit: How exactly do you get around all the copyright issues? YT's site is like 'lol no you can't to that')

Cone Combat III ? Last time I saw a clone , it was an human taking out elites down with it =).

If I remember the music things is just a small cut of the music with the scene , the autor/album/title of the music and the part. Then he jump to the next music used lol , he isn't going to make every part with only music (Like ... 9 hours ???)

Dedexy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:03 pm

In the YT copyright thingie section it says you can't use other people's music and that crediting them doesn't count as permission. This being something that people obviously ignore all the time, I'm curious as to how it actually works. The guidelines aren't entirely clear.

On a side note, browsing Tumblr I found this hilariously serious rant about how awful RotS is etc. etc. I'm so glad people feel the need to take the time to write full-length essays about how, according to them, obscure films made for fun are awful. It gives me so much hope for the future of our race. Like imagine if they handed that in as an actual essay for a media class or something.
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by S1erra107 Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Today... we shall begin the Great Journey.
S1erra107
S1erra107

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:41 pm

S1erra107 wrote:Today... we shall begin the Great Journey.
great
we can all die together talking about videos made with games
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by S1erra107 Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Well, if Swift gets supercharged, maybe not.
S1erra107
S1erra107

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:55 pm

True. The only issue I have with the DC right now is Ocelot.
By the way, is anyone else getting irritated by the quick reply text being black on black?
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiter 617 Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:32 am

Fixed. Smile

It's been bothering me for awhile too lol

Arbiter 617
Admin

https://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S1erra107 Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:37 am

Nicely done lol
S1erra107
S1erra107

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 am

Voice acting and general effects are much improved, although the music now seems a little more jarring in how there's very little transition between tracks of quite different tone.

Over all, so far, so good. The slight change of dialogue (particularly with Whisper) while discussing Nightflash's plan to do this, basically feels a lot more natural.
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt Rorschach Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:14 pm

I got mixed feelings about the Directors Cut. Like how you mentioned, Whisper's dialogue was changed to make her feel like more of a real person, a change we made to a few characters which worked out great. With others (most notably Brass), the fix was just to surgically remove the bad lines, which makes them less cringey but eats away a bit at their character. And then with others it feels like nothing has been fixed.

I love going through the series again, and whenever I got the opportunity to I loved working with Arbiter on fixing a few dialogue errors, but I still feel like there was more that I could do to help.
Sgt Rorschach
Sgt Rorschach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:17 pm

I know what you mean. Brass seems a bit stale, and Ocelot seems too... un-stale. If that makes sense.

Plus, the outrageous stupidity in some of RotS was what made it great. A rave with an elite, in the middle of a war?
OBVIOUSLY a sound plan, guys.

There are pros and cons here. I can appreciate both versions.

(In other news I've basically finished my cliche homage script yea wow)
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by XxBlade57xX Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:31 am

Can't Wait!
XxBlade57xX
XxBlade57xX

http://facultyrs.enjin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2