Total length of the TFS expanded story

4 posters

Go down

Total length of the TFS expanded story Empty Total length of the TFS expanded story

Post by Tassakahn Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:54 pm

So after ten minutes of 'calculating' (aka getting my friend to help me because I suck at maths) I have the times and total (present) length of the RotS/TFS/DotT trilogy.
Thanks to Elhi for finishing off my maths problem.

The Forgotten Spartans: 2hrs 30mins 28secs
Rise of the Spartans: 11hrs 54mins 14secs
Dawn of the Titans: 2hrs 10mins 22secs

Total: 15hrs 35mins 4secs

/sheds tear
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Total length of the TFS expanded story Empty Re: Total length of the TFS expanded story

Post by Ghost Omel Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:55 pm

That's not counting people who consider either one of those series as part of their canon for their films..and cameos of characters who bluntly reference their future being those said series .

Ghost Omel

Back to top Go down

Total length of the TFS expanded story Empty Re: Total length of the TFS expanded story

Post by Tassakahn Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Which other series are set in the same timeline?
(Also I get that the three aren't 'officially' linked, but they share the same 'canon' of the AU)
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Arbiter 617 Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:52 am

Dang son. Someone should sit down and watch them all.

Yeah I never considered RotS officially linked to anything else honesty. It's based in the halo universe but I clearly set up a lot of my own fiction. I pull bits from other machinimas but the connection is usually just to make things interesting and to make audiences of both shows think.

Then there are just connections like Captain Assassin that are for teh lulz.

Arbiter 617
Admin

https://blackplasmastudios.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:41 am

Actually, said friend and I watched all three over the course of about 2 weeks. Quite an experience, to be sure.
I was quite impressed with the links made between the three, and T'kan/Raptor's appearance in RotS was a great 'cameo', if it can be called that.

I found the differences from the official timeline to be a little confusing when I first watched the series, really, but having watched it through again a couple of times I've come to be very absorbed in the kind of alternate lore they posed.
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt Rorschach Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:29 am

Tbh, RotS and TFS have more of a connection to one another than any other series, especially given the fact that EoW and DotT directly contradict each other as far as in-universe history goes.
Sgt Rorschach
Sgt Rorschach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tassakahn Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Sgt Rorschach wrote:EoW and DotT directly contradict each other as far as in-universe history goes.

Which is a shame, really, because they're both good. (I do think EoW wins the prize for most improved/developed machinima from when it first began. Just watched the Halo 2A trailer and it was awesome)
Tassakahn
Tassakahn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Omel Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:33 am

Tassakahn wrote:
Sgt Rorschach wrote:EoW and DotT directly contradict each other as far as in-universe history goes.

Which is a shame, really, because they're both good. (I do think EoW wins the prize for most improved/developed machinima from when it first began. Just watched the Halo 2A trailer and it was awesome)

Why thank you. I find that we constantly go back in time to tie the Story closer. Back in 2009 i was 100% sure there wont be any more Halo's so i confidently started to plot the future, but with release upon release of new lore i was drawn back and back in time to either retcon or Saw-in our plots to match those of the official lore as to not.

Small Retcons of the original plot is a necessity at this point, im afraid with more Releases Season 1 will be largely irrelevant, tis why Exile will be sticking....with a familiar timeline as to avoid changes to the Official lore.

i..just cant do huge changes such as....pretty much all of my peers are doing.... since we focus more on psychological and universe driven story we get closer and closer to sticking to what is official....with our nice way of tweaking thangs.

That being said,. RotS and TFS, while connected, i just never felt that connection, we had spartans training in the same place, and then another mention of the TFS mission i wouldnt say its enough to hold it as a glue, i still say its a Large Cameo.....I have no idea how DotT is connected beyond again...cameos.

Ghost Omel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum